Thursday, February 5, 2009

What's for dinner?

Here are a few things we have eaten this week (no pictures, sorry):

Chickpea Cutlets from Veganomicon over pasta with marinara sauce. Can you believe I've only made these twice considering how popular they are in vegan blog land. I have to say, they are not something I'm in love with. I liked them better this second time and I think that is because I baked them. I think I just need to find a good recipe to use them in. Something saucy.

On Superbowl Sunday we had chips and guacamole. We are not big football fans, but you gotta have guacamole on Superbowl Sunday! It was a beautiful day here in Austin. Spring-like weather. So Jeff grilled Veggie Brats and veggies (onion, green bells and red bells). We had them on hoagie rolls with just a little marinara sauce. Oh so yummy!

I got a nice cabbage from the farmer's market on Wednesday and made some more chinese food from Chinese Meatless Cooking by Stella Lau Fessler. This time it was Stir Fried Rice Noodles with Vegetables. The recipes in this book don't make very big portions, at least not by my standards. We ate it all up with no leftovers.

So if anyone has any suggestions for the chickpea patties and for what to make with most of a head of cabbage, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. My idea -The head of cabbage, put a carrot nose on it,blackeyed-pea eyes, cucumber cheeks and green-bean mouth. Put 2 chickpea patties on the head. One on each side, like Princess Leia.
    Cook and hum the Star Wars song. May the "vegetables" be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion! I probably don't eat enough Star Wars themed food.

    ReplyDelete